Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New house, new kitchen, new food...

Moving into our new house is so exciting, new space, lots of closets, new memories and new meals to cook.Unfortunately the kitchen is less than small...but recently updated.  An adjustment to say the least. 
Electric stove, very little counter space but somehow the food tastes better and the cooking is somehow more fun in my own kitchen.
It will be even more delicious and exiting in about 8/9 months (post wedding) when we knock down a wall to expand the kitchen!!

The white and yellow are bright and refreshing:


First thing we did was set up this temporary shelving for my appliances, god forbid if I didnt have my coffee pot and Kitchen Aid Mixer at arms length:

Next, we added this door pantry to help me organize my (way too many) spices:


Small kitchen or not, I've been cooking like crazy and loving it...lemon chicken, gnocchi, pork tenderlion, lasagne, zucchini bread, cookies, pancakes, and a few other things.  Not bad for 3 weeks.  Im looking forward to my first dinner party and a cozy season of crockpot and fall slow simmers.






No comments:

Post a Comment