Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blueberry and Mascarpone Tart

I have tried pie crust a few times and have not yet mastered it but I've learned to pick my battles and save baking from scratch to the holiday season and cold winter nights vs. hot summer Sundays when I have 3 pots going already
  • Crust: 
    • The crust was in the freezer and I needed the room...so i baked it, its so easy and worth having on hand
    • bake according to package directions in a pie tin
  • Filling: 
    • One 8 Oz container of mascarpone cheese
    • 1/2 a container of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese - NonFat is watery and full fat is not necessary
    • Zest of one lemon
    • 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar
    • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
    • 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
    • Mix and chill for 30 mins or more to let sugar dissolve and flavors marry
  • Topping:
    • 1 pint of blueberries and raspberries (or any berry that's available)
    • Sprinkle of lemon zest and confectioner sugar 






No comments:

Post a Comment